Beautiful Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Beautiful Week

Abby Rathbone, Staff Writer

That time of year is coming around again, where we have a week full of support and compliments. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, Beautiful Week is coming up soon! It is scheduled to be October 15th-19th.

Beautiful week is something the student council puts together for one week every school year, it is similar to spirit week but instead of having the students dress up in costumes they dress in specific colors or patterns that represent different topics relating to self-love. The week is dedicated to boosting confidence for the students and faculty of Palmer High. During beautiful week students and staff are greeted by the student council with warm friendly smiles, music, and compliments to get their day started. A key tradition during beautiful week is the sticky note compliments posted all over the school. Every nook and cranny is covered from floor to ceiling in positive and uplifting quotes. This year we start a new tradition of tye-dying tee shirts, so students and staff can wear them Friday the 19th which is themed tye-dye day.

Students and staff around the school seem to enjoy and are looking forward to Beautiful Week. Mrs. Hoy, the guidance secretary, said that she likes the concept of the week. Sophomore Jillain Lombardi had all good things to say about the week, “Beautiful Week is a week where everyone should feel themselves and feel beautiful and it works.”

The staff and students can’t wait for Beautiful Week. Hopefully everyone participates to make this the best Beautiful Week yet!