The Paw Cast – January 4th, 2019

Welcome to the  Paw Cast, a digital news companion to the Paw Print. Today we will cover sports, applications, and more.

The Paw Cast airs Fridays over the course of the school year, covering school and local news, as well as topics suggested by you the viewer. To suggest topics, you can visit us during C block in lab 303 or email us at [email protected]

Hosts: Renee Chaples and Nicholas Silva

Field Reporter: Mahkayla Perrin

Technical Support and Filming: Mr. Fleury

_______________________________________________________________________

Transcript

RC: Hello and welcome to this week’s Paw Cast, I’m your host Renee.

NS: And I’m Nick.

RC: Today’s date is January 4th of 2019, and this marks the very first Paw Cast of the New Year. So to celebrate we had our field reporter Mahkayla Perrin ask the students how they (legally, please legally) celebrated their new years.

RC: Thank you for all the willing participants, now we shall return to our field reporter Mahkayla Perrin for the sports news.

AM: The Boys basketball team recently won their game last night with a score of 81-34. Their next game will be Monday, January 2019 against South Hadley. We would also like to congratulate Devon Hawk and Jared Yetts for making states in their swim team. In addition to this, after seeing their picture in the newspaper, a kind Monson man made a hefty donation of $100 in support of this year’s cheerleading team.

NS: Alongside all the sports news, Palmer residents reported hearing a loud explosion around 6 pm on Tuesday, January 1st.  After about half an hour of investigation within the three rivers area, Police had to end the search for the source, therefore leaving that mystery unsolved.

RC: The 18th will mark the beginning of the second semester so be sure to get the chance to ensure that your schedules are accurate. It is imperative that you get the credits you will need to graduate. With that, we would also like to mention that this will be the last Paw Cast for the month of January. The schedule changes not only mean that Paw Print will be moved to A block but also that we will be receiving new staff that will need training. Expect the Paw Cast to return to its normal posting times in February.

NS: And with the new semester this means Paw Print is starting to make its preparations for the upcoming school year. Starting this week, applications for the 2019-2020 school year are open. Anyone interested in joining the Paw Print staff should visit our website at www.palmerpawprint.org, and follow the link to our application hub. Applications are open for any students currently in grades 8-11 and must be submitted by January 14th, 2019. Anyone looking for more information should contact us at [email protected], or visit lab 303 during C block.

RC: And with that ends this installment of the Paw Cast.

NAS: Thank you for watching, and we will see you next month.