Top 3 SCPs

SCP+Banner+courtesy+of+Midnight+Disease+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 3 SCPs

SCP Banner courtesy of Midnight Disease

SCP Banner courtesy of Midnight Disease

Midnight Disease

SCP Banner courtesy of Midnight Disease

Midnight Disease

Midnight Disease

SCP Banner courtesy of Midnight Disease

Renee Chaples, Producer of the Void

Secure. Contain. Protect. Otherwise known as the SCP Foundation, this is a fictional facility created by various online users throughout the growth of the internet. The foundation is meant to mock that of Area 51, in which government-based personnel conducts research to understand different anomalies discovered throughout the world. On the official SCP website, there is a record of 4,999 different anomalies, which can range from a killer toaster to a seemingly normal cat who is missing the entire lower half of its body. The foundation uses a personal classification system to identify the danger level an anomaly can be to humanity. These classifications are Safe, Euclid, and Keter. Safe means the anomaly poses no threat. Euclid means the anomaly needs more resources to either be contained or the containment strategy is not reliable. While most SCPs are under the Euclid category, this does not mean they are always deadly. Keter is the highest danger classification, as they are very difficult to contain and research. Alongside those three key classifications is Neutralized, meaning the anomaly has been destroyed or deactivated, and Thaumiel, which means that anomaly is used to contain another anomaly. Understanding what the SCP foundation is and does is vital during late night research into the spookiest SCPs.

The highest ranked SCP is SCP-173. SCP-173 is described as a statue created with concrete and rebar with traces of spray paint. Currently, its classification is under Euclid, but this statue is very deadly. The statue is currently contained in a locked container, however anytime personnel enter it is imperative that they keep SCP-173 in direct eyesight at all times. Any instance that they lose focus on the statue, the statue will then either strangle or snap the neck of the unaware victim.

Alongside a statue that mocks the habits of a weeping angel from Doctor Who, is SCP-087. SCP-087 is a staircase with seemingly no end. Once any living being enters the staircase their vision is reduced to only 1.5 flights of stairs. The stairs form a semi-circle with 13 steps per each flight, and after the 13 steps, the staircase rotates a full 180 and continues down another 13 steps. This would seem not too threatening since there’re always flashlights, right? Well unfortunately all methods of combating the darkness were proven to be failed as the staircase seems to absorb all other light sources. As if that was not unsettling enough, paired with a dark unending staircase a crying child can be heard from the “bottom” of the stairs. Regardless of how many flights any person travels down the crying does not seem to get louder or closer. As of right now researchers are unclear of the source of the crying. Another entity that inhabits the staircase is a face with no distinguishable features. This face, known as SCP-087-1, randomly appears to those who attempt to travel down the staircase. Those who have encountered the face experience intense paranoia and fear. It is unknown if those feelings are just natural reactions or if there is something more going on.

The third and finale SCP is SCP-682. 682 is a reptile-like being that has an intense hatred for all living beings. The entity is known to be highly intelligent, and capable of intellectual conversation with humans and other SCPs. Alongside that, the SCP is known for its immense strength, agility, and reflexes, and because of this no personnel is permitted to enter the containment and the entity is to be kept in hydrochloric acid to keep it from growing. Due to its threat to society researchers are currently trying to identify a way to destroy the being. Although no method of destruction has been found, military have been able to destroy 87% of its being before it begins to grow again.

Although a killer statue, never-ending staircase, and a giant lizard-monster may seem scary, do keep in mind that they are just tell-tales from the internet and in no way are they real. The entirety of the SCP Foundation was created for the twisted minds who enjoy researching dark and scary stories. The SCP Foundation has been the inspiration for many games like “SCP Containment Breach” and even a new game called “Control.”

About the Writer
Renee Chaples, Editor-n-Chief

Hello! My name is Renee Chaples. I am the Curator of the Void which is our biweekly talk show. Alongside overseeing the Void, I help keep the class running...