Avengers: Endgame Review – Spoiler Free

Back to Article
Back to Article

Avengers: Endgame Review – Spoiler Free

Avengers: Endgame poster.

Avengers: Endgame poster.

Photo Credit to IMDb

Avengers: Endgame poster.

Photo Credit to IMDb

Photo Credit to IMDb

Avengers: Endgame poster.

Nicholas Silva, Layout Editor

“Endgame” was an emotional rollercoaster for the ages and served as a fitting, and tear jerking, conclusion for this generation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The 22nd film in the MCU, Endgame provided a touching end for many story arcs that have been growing over the many years, and provided homage to its history, while paving the road for the future.

When bringing together a narrative, which has been referred to as the world’s most expensive TV show, that has such a massive fanbase, it is very easy to drop one of the many balls floating around and displease the fans. However, by some mystery on part of the amazing team at Marvel, this didn’t happen. Sure, there might have been some head scratching matters of logistics around the plot, and some unanswered mysteries, but this all just leads into the next phase of the MCU, and the new Disney+ TV series.

The three hour long film is the culmination of the entire MCU, which started its eleven year journey with 2008’s Iron Man. All of the movies in the three phases of movies which the MCU is currently divided into have been part of the Infinity Saga. Each movie has been interconnecting, and working to develop the mythology around the six, all-powerful Infinity Stones, and setting the stage for the big purple Thanos to swoop in and claim them. Almost all of the major characters have had a run in with at least one Infinity Stone in their respective movies, and those that haven’t were simply saving that honor for this movie, or for its predecessor, Infinity War.

Endgame initially picks up soon after Infinity War left off, but it’s not quite that simple, as nothing in the MCU is ever as it seems. Suffice it to say, without dropping any major plot points, the Russo brothers definitely crafted an epic tale to go down in cinematic history. They were dealing with some very dark concepts, and had to craft a plot which could have easily seemed cheap; despite this, they were able to work with such finesse, and added in so much history and so many call backs that everything worked perfectly. There were plenty of heartbreaking moments, and plenty of sweet moments to fight back, and all the while, a steady, but fitting flow of humor that has come to be expected from the MCU and all of its delightfully well crafted heroes and villains.

To say much more would be to tread far too close to spoilers, so for now, it shall be left at that. Endgame was a worthy conclusion for this generation, and provided a well thought out culmination of the journeys that audiences around the world have been watching for eleven years. The movie, and Marvel, certainly deserve the billion dollar opening weekend.

However, due to the fact that it does rely on a knowledge of the previous films that have produced and developed the many characters and set the stage for the story, the movie will be long, a little stale, and very confusing for any ‘casual’ watcher. But that’s not who the movie was made for, so that really does not matter.

About the Writer
Nicholas Silva, Layout Editor

I am sixteen years old, a sophomore, and served as the layout editor for the Paw Print website, and am now the Editor-in-Chief, in addition to being a...