Triple Suicide bombing Kills Dozens in Nigeria

Tear Stallone, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Emergency Services reported on Monday that at least 30 people were killed in triple-suicide bombings in Northeastern Nigeria. This attack was made by hallmarks of the Boko Haram jihadist group. Three bombers had detonated explosives late Sunday outside a hall in the Town of Konduga. Soccer fans were watching a game on television at that time. The death toll has so far increased to 30, with over 40 people injured, the Head of Operations for Nigerian Emergency Management Agency, Usaman Kchalla stated on Monday. Ali Hassan, the leader of a self-defense group said the attack occurred around 9:00 p.m. on Sunday. The operator of the hall prevented one of the bombers entering the packed venue. Hassan goes on to explain through a phone call that there was a heated argument between the operator and the bomber, then the bomber blew himself up, along with two other bombers who detonated their bombs at a tea stall nearby. Ali Hassan stated that nine people died on the spot while 48 were left with injuries. Mr. Kachalla says that the number of deaths was so much higher because the respondents could not reach the site of the bombing quick enough, and they were also poorly equipped, being unable to tend the many wounded.